You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Acupuncture has been used in China for thousands of years to treat many ailments. It is used around the world.
At AMSH we use Acupuncture for your pet with western medicine to help with chronic pain, arthritis, stress and many other pet problems.
Dr. Alison Vanderhoof is Certified in Veterinary Acupuncture with the
* Acupuncture is the insertion of needles into specific points on the body to create a healing response.
* When these specific points are stimulated; nerves are stimulated, blood circulation increases, muscle spasms are relieved and hormones such as endorphins are released.
* These are not the only benefits. As we continue to study acupuncture, more effects are being discovered.
* The type of treatment may include the use of a dry needle or electroacupuncture.
Acupuncture is indicated for functional problems, noninfectious inflammation and pain.
* Musculoskeletal problems: arthritis, intervertebral disk disease or traumatic nerve injury
* Respiratory problems: feline asthma
* Skin problems: lick granulomas, allergic dermatitis
* Gastrointestinal problems: diarrhea
* Selected reproductive problems
* Acupuncture is very safe when administered by a properly trained veterinarian.
* Side effects are rare but the do exist. Your pet's condition may seem worse for up to 48 hours after treatment. Your pet may become lethargic or sleepy for 24 hours.
* These effects usually mean that there are some physiological changes developing.
* They are most often followed by an improvement in your pet's condition. If you are concerned or have questions, give us a call at 918-492-2674
$20 off first visit
Sign-up using the form or call us at 918-492-2674 to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Be sure to mention that you saw the offer on our website when you call. For New Clients only. Good for one pet only.